I’m dabbling in a new kind of post here, so you’ll have to let me know if you like it or if it vibes with what you like to read. But, along with thrillers and mysteries, we all know I love True Crime.
That’s hella obvious. So I figured I would tap into my true crime roots and highlight some salacious, newsworthy stuff and the good documentaries to watch this week.
Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?
Well, I can’t hear you. So I’m going to assume you’re down with my experimental idea and continue forward and if you hate it, I guess stop reading? That’s a thing?
True Crime News:
- Due to an epic Maine true crime podcast, Murder, She Told, it’s very possible that a 38 year-old missing cold case could be solved…so that’s beyond fucking awesome!
- Yeah, ummm, that’s it for this week. At least, the good news. I would ideally like to stick to the good stuff, which is kind of odd when true crime is involved? I guess?
True Crime Documentaries to Binge in 2022:
- The Keepers
- The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst
- The Ripper
- The Vow
- Don’t F*** with Cats
- The Staircase
- The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel
- Murder Among the Mormons
- I’ll Be Gone In The Dark
- Tales of the Grim Sleeper
- American Murder: The Family Next Door
- Homicide for the Holidays
- American Vandal (true crime doc parody)
- The Hunt for the Chicago Strangler
- Ken and Barbie Killers
- Fruit Cake Fraud
True Crime for the Holidays December 2021:
This article from the Daily Beast is an awesome showcase of how true crime lovers celebrate the holidays and how marketing, TV, and other entities have jumped on the bandwagon to inject a little bit of dread and darkness into the holiday season.
While I don’t wholly agree with the judgmental tone of the author, claiming that the true crime injection is taking the sparkle out of the holiday season, “Ready for “Murder Under The Mistletoe”: How True Crime Shows Celebrate the Holidays” was still worth a read and gave me a glimpse into an aspect of my love of true crime that I hadn’t always known existed…I mean, murder in December in between cheesy Hallmark movies?
Sign me up!
Keep Reading Book Fam,